Queensland, Australia, in partnership with Uber, has launched scUber – the world’s first rideshare submarine experience, coming to the Great Barrier Reef.
From 27 May, scUber will be available for a limited number of riders to request through the Uber app and riders will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the exquisite beauty of the Great Barrier Reef.
Tourism and Events Queensland’s CEO, Leanne Coddington, said:
“In late 2018, consumer research identified that exploring the Great Barrier Reef in a submarine was the most desired future travel experience sought by visitors. scUber makes this wish a reality and reaffirms Queensland tourism’s commitment to providing locals and visitors alike with truly remarkable ways to explore nature’s wonderland.”
The scUber experience will be available starting on Heron Island, off the coast of Gladstone in the Southern Great Barrier Reef region from May 27, before moving to the coast of Port Douglas in Cairns & the Great Barrier Reef region from June 9.
The scUber experience will cost AUD 3,000 for two riders and includes:
- Pickup and drop off from your location with the Uber app;
- Scenic helicopter ride to either Heron Island (for riders requesting from Gladstone) or the Quicksilver Cruises pontoon off the coast of
- Port Douglas (for riders requesting from Cairns, Port Douglas and Palm Cove);
- One hour ride in a scUber submarine;
- A half day snorkel and tour of the Great Barrier Reef.